The reasons why Jeremy was able to get to the line so much:
1. Clarkson stunk so Jeremy got more time. He actually should have had like 6-8 TO's as he traveled a bunch of times but it wasn't called. It's always been clear to me he's not a pg. He is a combo, who is athletic but can't shoot. That said, there is no way he should be getting heavy minutes let alone start. He is clearly is not ready to start at the 1 or 2 in the NBA.
2. Swaggy was so bad that even Byron realized he was just killing the team. Thus Jeremy was the main option for the 2nd team.
3. They played Jeremy and Ronnie together. This should have been happening so much early. Byron was so stuck on a starting 5 and then a 2nd 5. No creativeness or feel. Jeremy does well guarding small three's and can attack from the 2.
4. First game with multiple pick and rolls set for him in a long while. You would think this would be a staple but I'm sure they'll go back to the usual next game.
5. Jeremy got to play over 17 straight minutes. He usually gets 8-10 minute stints and it can be hard to get into a rhythm especially when he passes and never sees it again.
6. And yes the dnp-cd I'm sure gave him some extra motivation.
Oh well, it was still nice to see this after the dnp-cd.