Trail Blazers 95
This was a tough loss in OT for our Rockets. However, I actually saw a lot that I liked:
The Bench play was much improved:
- Marcus Morris shot the ball well and should be getting more PT
- TD played great D but has just couldn't make a layup
- Cole Aldrich gave us great backup minutes at Center
JLin played well overall and had a couple of nice finishes. He has cut down on his turnovers
Some things we need to improve:
- JHardn forced a bunch of tough shots tonight (very unHarden like). After watching film he'll adjust
- CP is playing a good overall game but he is shooting .32 from the field and .21 from 3. We obviously need those to improve a lot and very soon
- JLin is struggling with his mid-range and still trying to find his offensive rhythm. Once he finds it, the flood gates will open up
Got to give huge props to Damian Lillard. Lillard got the best of JLin in OT but it's not like he got totally dominated like what JLin did to Deron Williams. Also, it doesn't hurt playing with LA, but he is very, very good. He'll either be ROY or the runner up. No doubt in my mind. He is that good. Portland played well down the stretch and their experience really showed, they were the better team.
It's also very obvious right now that the Rockets main offensive is high pick and roll with Harden and not much else. It's very helpful that they have a few practices before they play Denver. The Nuggets will be very hungry coming in 0-3. Should be another tough match up for Jeremy with Ty Lawson.
Let's take it for what it was, just one game. This was a great learning experience for these young Rockets. Let's not forget that this is the youngest team in the NBA. They will continue to grow and improve. However, it wouldn't hurt to pick up a veteran big man who is a decent low post threat.