Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some Late Night JLin Reading

Kind of a slow day for JLin news in light of the Knicks not playing.

Nevertheless, for your reading pleasure:
  • Melo is likely to play against the Magic tomorrow.  JLin?  Not so much according to the NY Daily News. 
  • According to an informal ESPN poll, JLin is NYC's "most beloved athlete" beating out Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter.
  • Finally, students at Stuyvesant High School have taken to YouTube to ask JLin to speak at their graduation.

110 comments:

  1. It's great for Lin to get some rest on his overused knees, I'm happy for him.

    In the mean time.... damn, it's so hard to live by the Lin-less days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez I don't look forward to watching the Knicks like I do with Lin in the lineup. I really hope his knee gets better quick cuz all of us Lin fans and Knick fans need him on the floor leading this team! Guess we'll see how many turnovers BD has tonight lol.

      Delete
    2. To Admin: off topic

      Are trolls allowed here? Most fan site dedicated to a specific person don't allow them; and their posts would be deleted.

      And - his his posts are MUCH LONGER than most fans' post; and full of inaccuracies and going around circles and argumentative, which is what typically happens with false statements, false logic, and false observations.

      Delete
    3. I don't even want to watch Knicks game without Jeremy Lin. Hopefully he will be out there playing the games sooner! God please help him to be fully recover!!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't understand, I thought it was just a sore knee ? Maybe this means that it's worse than just soreness.

    Jeremy Lin needs to get an MRI done on his knee, maybe there is worn cartilage or bone damage. I hope he does not turn into another Brandon Roy, a brilliant All-Star player whose career was cut short because of a bad knee condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl wants Jeremy Lin to go with her to PROM !!!

    She's very beautiful, and she's 18 !!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t200aSUbi0I


    Please share w/ others so she can get more Youtube HITS and WIN his heart. If the Knicks don't make the playoffs (Very likely). Maybe he can take her to the prom ... help make her dreams come true, and get some good PR with the teeny bopper crowd.

    Yes, SHE IS 18 !!!!!

    In her words "It will be a slam dunk"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah.... to me she's not beautiful; she's just normal pretty.

      Don't get mad at me, but I'd prefer Jeremy take an Asian girl to a prom.

      As for a real date for Jeremy Lin, how about the Korean figure skater, gold metalist Yu-Na Kim ?

      Delete
    2. I agree, she is average.

      Delete
    3. How about her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QCYys449FA

      or her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-hDGS51fo

      Delete
    4. Jerry Linn seriously?? She looks good but not very bright at all and I'm sure she isn't Lin's type either. The second 'girl' is just hilarious!

      Delete
    5. displayname said:

      "Don't get mad at me, but I'd prefer Jeremy take an Asian girl to a prom."

      Why does she need to be Asian ? Type in 'Jeremy Lin Prom' on YouTube, how many girls made a video asking him to their school Prom ... only ONE. That girl.

      Maybe she is a devoted Christian like Jeremy, or she plays high school basketball like Jeremy did...

      Why should Jeremy Lin limit himself to dating only Asian girls ?

      Asian girls in America date White guys all the time (Many of them have Asian fetish, or want an easy lay.) But NOBODY complains about that, now do they ?

      Lin should turn the tables on Asian females and date a wide variety of beautiful women. There is beauty in ever race.

      "As for a real date for Jeremy Lin, how about the Korean figure skater, gold metalist Yu-Na Kim ?"

      She is Korean, not Korean-American, from Korea. It's a social taboo for them to date any non-Korean man, even a Chinese man. Besides, her English is very limited, what would they have to talk about ?

      Delete
    6. My simple answer: To me it just would be nice! That's all.

      Delete
    7. Oh, by the way.... I think it's actually very risky for Lin to take anyone to a prom; it's better to err on the side caution. You never know today. Someone could make a ton of $$$ by giving lying interviews and also a possible threat of s harrassment or extortion. We all see this in the news occasionally. Gloria Allred comes to mind. However, they are not necessarily all untrue

      Delete
    8. 林書豪,心有多大,世界就有多大。傷養好了,有機會就上場努力打球,你還Melo的人情夠多了,Chandler說的沒錯,你想太多了。去網路上看你前七場球,管他什麼教練,用力開心的展現就對了。想報Melo恩情而犧牲自己,那我們這些挺你的球迷呢?霸氣再拿出來!加油!!

      Delete
  5. Folks, I'll pose the Restricted Free Agent question another way. I googled and couldn't find out the answer.

    What I'm really curious about is: Can a player such as Jeremy Lin who is a RFA choose to sign with a team for the same or even less money (just to be with a different team)???

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a site where you might find the answer.Hope this will help. It's too complicated for me.
      https://webfiles.uci.edu/lcoon/cbafaq/salarycap.htm#Q37

      Delete
    2. The answer is: no.

      Jeremy has no choice but to sign with the Knicks as long as the Knicks are willing and able to sign him. And since he's only allowed to make about $5M next year, there's no way the Knicks would let him go.

      As a Restricted Free Agent, Jeremy is not free to choose from other offers unless the Knicks say, "No thanks, we're not going to match the offer you received from [Team X]."

      After next year, though, he's an Unrestricted Free Agent who can sign with any team he wants for a lot more money.

      Delete
    3. Thanks TaipeiT .... I did read the Coon's article somewhere - my head was spinning, chuckle. I tried for a week and couldn't find out what I wanted to know BECAUSE all the writers assumed that more money is the ONLY FACTOR all players would ever consider.
      ............................

      zxcvb - Big Thank You!

      It's strange that a RFA can go to another team for more money (if the current team is not willing to counter offer), yet cannot for less money (perhaps not even for less money *but* a longer contract)

      That stinks for Jeremy Lin; it's unpleasant for any player to work in a such awkward and semi-hostile environment (only semi because they do HAVE TO play together, not just work in the same place). The problem is 2x as awkward if the woodymelo is intact next year. Lin is tactful and smart enough to be stoic about it, BUT melo can't hide his feelings, WHILE woods can't hide his feelings AND also can't shut up (so far anyway)

      Delete
  6. Maybe Jeremy Lin could look into the treatment that Kobe received for his knee problem.

    The following article states "The innovative knee procedure that Kobe Bryant underwent in Germany during the NBA lockout has helped him regain leg strength and explosiveness".

    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/02/alex-rodriguez-kobe-bryant-considered-retirement-due-to-knee-pain/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The team owners' greed has caused injuries to so many players from every team. They sardined 66 games into the schedule, despite the locked-out shortened season (just 16 games less). Their greed was the reason for the lockout and it's their gratification-now variety of greed that prevented them from realizing that over working players does have it's cost. After all, aren't the players they drafted or acquired their investment in a sense? And what about the work-place medical bills that the team owners have to pay? Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Injuries have always been part of the NBA game.

      Guys get injured playing basketball whether they play games or not. Jeremy Lin had some offseason treatment due to injuries, and he wasn't playing NBA minutes.

      Years ago, I watched an interview of ex Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. When he was asked about the longevity of Stockton and Malone, he said that their "ground based game" was the reason why.

      Most of us agree that Lin needs to develop an array of midrange and inside floaters that allow him to score without having to go all the way inside and absorbing heavy contact.

      I'd like to see Jeremy Lin develop his ground game further so that he can play easier and longer without injuries.

      Delete
    2. The team owners weren't greedy. The players' demands were unreasonable. Thanks to the "leadership" of Michael Jordan during the 1990s (and in addition to being a megalomaniac, Jordan received heavy ideological indoctrination while at the University of North Carolina) the players' association adopted the ridiculous mindset that they "deserved" their salaries even if it meant owners not making a profit and going broke. They also took a "who cares what the fans think" attitude towards their appearance, behavior and play, and drove off pretty much most of the mainstream audience, causing league revenues to plummet. Most of the NBA teams were losing money. To survive, many of them had to move to smaller markets where they would get more ticket sales because there was literally nothing else to do there, but that came at the expense of the financial benefits (i.e. bigger TV numbers for advertising, more exposure) that result from having a presence in the bigger markets. The financial picture got so bad that the NBA actually considered folding several franchises, and now at least one NBA team doesn't even have an owner because no one wants to buy it and lose money, so the NBA itself owns and runs the team just so its players won't lose their jobs.

      Where the NFLPA had Gene Upshaw to work with the owners to keep the union from ruining the league, the NBAPL had simply followed Jordan's combination of ego and Marxism, which they haven't abandoned. As a result the NBA is still in real trouble, and the players are so delusional that they could care less.

      Delete
    3. It's not as simple as you think.

      The NBA has played 82 games for the last 50 years. Guaranteed contracts have been around just as long.

      Most NBA players care very much about what people think of them and their brands. Occasionally you get a few nutcases like Gilbert Arenas or Kobe Bryant, but most players like Lebron James and Jeremy Lin are good clean socially conscious guys that try to stay out of trouble. There are nutcases in all of society and the NBA is not immune to them.

      If the owners are willing to give out $100 million contracts to Juwan Howard or max contracts to Rashard Lewis, then they have no right to complain that salaries are too high. Competitive bidding only has its limits when people act DUMB. Ironically, Jordan's pitiful Bobcats have shed so much salary that they would have trouble winning in the D league. That's because Jordan is about Jordan, not what's good for players or even owners.

      I LIKE the idea of greed driving the NBA. This is America where greed is a VIRTUE. We fans enjoy seeing good games, and lots of them. Greed is what pushes the NBA to be the best league in the world, and it's a competitive venture and not a charity. Besides, NBA teams carry up to 15 players and that doesn't include guys stashed away overseas or in the D league. Some of those stashed away guys can actually play, like Jeremy Lin.

      If it weren't for injuries, Jeremy Lin would be out of the NBA. So we should be thankful AND complainful of the greed driven injury situation that has given and taken an NBA chance to and from Lin.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Go Peglegs! I hope Lin agrees to speak at the Stuy graduation. He would have special meaning for the graduating seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you all have seen this but:

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/amar-e-stoudemire-nursing-injured-back-ny-knicks-put-hopes-carmelo-anthony-playoff-race-article-1.1051859

    In this article it still questions IF JLin would be the starter for the rest of the season for Woodson. I'm really confused that this is even in question...could just be NY news outlets they seem to thrive on drama more than reality. Although I don't think Woodson really wants Jlin as his starter from all he's said already. Just my opionon.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Woodson, if no Lin playing for knicks, I will never watch Knicks games again!

      Delete
  10. Woodson has already said Lin will be the starter for the remainder of the season so anything that deviates from that statement would make him a big hypocrite. As for next year who knows? But I do expect Lin to start next season as well since BD has proven he is pretty fragile at this point in his career and it would only be a matter of time before he injures himself again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeremy is def not playing tonight. meh! How does he go from I should be ready for Monday to missing two straight games? Whatever this sucks! I really hope he plays on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you see this at? I havent seen a announcement yet.

      Delete
    2. I was listening to wfan 660am sports radio(it's a nyc based sports talk station)and the update guy said Lin will not play cuz of the sore knee tonight. I know it's such a bummer right?

      Delete
    3. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/15396/stoudemire-out-2-4-weeks-lin-out-weds


      I found it. ugggg.. I dont understand it either.

      Delete
    4. Lin definitely not playing tonight. It has been announced on Knicks website and twitter. I am so sad to hear that and I am quite concern abt the severity of Lin injury.

      Delete
    5. I miss Lin!!! All my friends always looking forward Lin's games!

      Delete
  12. Hello. I have some questions: how many of you were Knick fans or NBA fans in general before Jeremy Lin? And how many of you are Christians like Lin? Because A) a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players poorly reflect Lin's faith. And B) a great many other comments betray a real detachment from the reality of how the NBA - and the media that covers it - has always worked.

    Exhibit 1: how many of you know - or care - that Mike D'Antoni was attempting to trade for All Star point guard Deron Williams, and had he succeeded and remained coach, Williams would have been the starter and Lin would have been on the bench for good, at great detriment to his career?
    Exhibit 2: the NBA has always been a league driven by seniority and proven stars. If you think that any franchise is going to favor ANY inexperienced unproven player over a regular All-Star, you are not being realistic: that is a TERRIBLE way to build a winning franchise. Also, if the Knicks choose Lin over Anthony, don't think that the Knicks will get a comparable talent to take his place, or even hold onto the veterans they have, because they will ALL GO to franchises that will respect the years of hard work that veterans have put into the league. When Lin puts in the time necessary to earn the respect that every other elite NBA player has had to, he will benefit from the seniority system to.
    Exhibit 3: Lin has critics? Please. You should hear what they said about Michael Jordan back in the day. And Larry Bird. And Patrick Ewing. And John Stockton. And David Robinson. And Isiah Thomas. Even winning titles didn't make it go away. It is part of the sport - every sport - and it will actually INCREASE the better Lin gets and the longer he plays, because he will only make more rivals and enemies. Stephen A. Smith's dismissing Lin's ability (and Lin is far from the only athlete that Smith treats that way incidentally, which is why he is one of the most despised sports journalists) seems trivial when you consider that Roy Firestone once claimed that Shaquille O'Neal's dunks were inciting inner city gang members to commit drive-by shootings (I am serious, Firestone once had his own show on ESPN and made this totally illogical, completely unfounded claim all the time).

    Jeremy Lin can be great for the NBA, but it will be in the context of what the NBA was before Lin joined it and what it will be after he leaves. If Lin fans cannot realize that, they will only find rooting for him to be more frustrating than rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're LATE.

      We Lin fans here have discussed all those issues to death. Go back on the topics here and read up on what we feel about your three issues. Most of us here are a lot better informed than you say we are.

      Lin already IS a proven star. Maybe he's not an All star yet, but he will be. The triple teams thrown at him speak louder than the coaches or journalists do. Besides, most of us Lin fans here measure Lin's success by what he actually does on the court, not by what people say off it.

      We Lin fans have long been aware of the issues you raised. But welcome to the board and join us. A more astute bunch of NBA fans you will not find elsewhere.

      Delete
    2. What the hell are you talkin' about, Willis ?

      1) With Deron Williams, Lin will still come off the bench. With two capable PGs running D'Antoni offense, the offensive attack would never subside.
      2) It's not Lin vs Anthony. This is not one on one basketball. D'Antoni was trying to get a team that would all buy in. They won without Anthony and Amare against Dallas and LA. Ofcourse someone has to finish the Pick n Roll with Lin and there were some capable players as Chandler, Jeffries, and Landry. Walker and Novak were chipping in with 3's. Shumpert was finishing and defending as well. It is a team game, 5 on 5. Phoenix and Denver do not have any superstars on their teams right now and they are winning.
      3) Winning made everything go away. What the hell are you talking about ? When those legends hasn't won, ofcourse there were critics. As soon as they become Champions, the critics were just nit picking or they were just dumb. So what is the criticism on MJ, Bird, Robinson, and Thomas as players ?

      Ewing, Stockton, Barkley did not win the big one that's why there are still critics out there. They are all good players, just wasn't lucky enough. But winning cure everything !!!

      Lin is a great story for the NBA because it is like a movie script. Before Lin there were, Bird vs Magic, Tim Duncan, MJ, Detroit Bad Boys. After Lin, there will be other stories that will emerge.

      So I ask, What the hell are you talkin' about (or smoking) ?

      Delete
    3. Remember, without Amare and Anthony, Lin more than made up the scoring hole. He had the best numbers in his seven starts than anybody in the NBA since the merger, including MJ, Iverson, Magic, Bird, whoever you name it.

      Lin was unlucky, Anthony and Amare, came back. Otherwise, he would extend his record streak.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. KHuang:

      You claim to be informed, yet you say "Lin IS a proven star." Sorry, but those two ideas cannot coexist. The truth is that there have been a bunch of guys who have had a string of great games - or even a couple of great seasons - that failed to maintain it. People aren't going to ignore that history for Lin and there isn't a single reason why they should. "The triple teams thrown at him speak louder than the coaches or journalists do."
      Or JUST MAYBE those coaches and journalists are applying the same standards to Lin that they are to every other player. Say what you want about these coaches and journalists, sometimes they are wrong - as they are PEOPLE after all - but they've seen a lot of very talented players come and go. Some of them pan out, but most don't.

      feltball:

      Ummm, no. Deron Williams is an all-star. If he came to the Knicks, he would get 38 minutes a game just like he did everywhere else, and Lin would barely play. It wouldn't be a "two point guard attack where the offense never subsides", it would be a Deron Williams attack where the other point guards get maybe 5-10 minutes a game. You honestly aren't dealing with reality here, including the FACT that desperation to save his job was the only reason why D'Antoni ever started playing Lin in the first place.

      "They won without Anthony and Amare against Dallas and LA." Wow. 2 whole games in a 66 game season. What about the rest of the games? What about next year? If you honestly think that you can sustain winning night in and night out and year in and year out without high caliber talent ... well you show me the team that has done it. And it isn't simply a matter of replacing Anthony and Amare with somebody else, because no one GOOD is going to come to a franchise that treats its veterans like that. You'll get some role players looking for stats and a payday, but that's all.

      "Winning made everything go away." Yeah. Sure it does. Plenty of guys with rings are still some of the most despised figures in sports. Winning will make fans and journalists RESPECT you, but it won't make them LIKE you, and there's a BIG DIFFERENCE. When the "great story" part wears off and people get used to Lin being a fixture on the NBA scene, that is when the REAL criticisms of his game and personality are going to start. Don't say that you weren't warned.

      "D'Antoni was trying to get a team that would all buy in."

      Yeah. Just keep ignoring the fact that there was a REASON why the team wouldn't buy in: 32-50, 29-53, and 18-24. The only time he actually took the Knicks to the playoffs was last season when trading for Anthony got them a whopping 2 games over .500. That's not all. D'Antoni has failed lots of times in his career, has a .533 record and the players knew it. "Phoenix and Denver do not have any superstars on their teams right now and they are winning." Winning what, exactly? Denver is 27-23 and a half game ahead of Houston for the 8th playoff spot. Phoenix is 25-25 and in 10th place. These are the teams that you want to emulate? Why? Because it certainly seems like Chicago, Miami, Orlando, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, the Lakers and their "stars" are doing a lot better to me! You pick a team without stars that's ever done anything in the NBA. D'Antoni has my position, by the way, because he was going to acquire Deron Williams to start in Jeremy Lin's place! D'Antoni's system utilizes stars just like everyone else, it is just that his system prefers that the stars be point guards rather than forwards.

      Keep in mind: I have NOT said ANYTHING against Lin's ability or effectiveness. Just saying that there is a certain way that the NBA - and the sports world in general - works.

      Delete
    6. That's just incorrect wishful thinking on your part.

      You are apparently new to this board. Go back on these threads and read about how Jeremy Lin has been the statistical king of garbage time before February. We here at JeremyLin.net have scouted Lin better than any fool journalist or coach or NBA scout who says ridiculous nonsense like "Lin is just a D league player" after scoring 18 and dishing out 10 assists.

      Jeremy Lin is NOT like any other player. He is the first Asian American to play significant NBA minutes in the modern (TV) era. Judging him by what other players have done is STEREOTYPING and WRONG. Besides, no player of any color should be assumed to succeed or fail based on anything other than what he actually does on an NBA court.

      If the Knicks indeed had traded for Deron Williams, they'd simply play Lin and Williams together. Both players can play on either side of the court with or without the ball. Landry Fields would slide over to the 3 while the remaining backcourt woukd stay the same. The modern NBA has become a league where distinctions between positions have become blurred.

      The coaches and journalists were WRONG about Lin when they refused to draft him in 2010. They were WRONG about him when they insisted Linsanity was supposedly RIP. They were wrong about him when Mike Woodson was looking to bench Lin out of the NBA. And like them, you are WRONG.

      Lin is too good and too tested a star to wash out of the NBA just because a bunch of ill informed nonbasketball types wish it so. His track record is filled with too many conquests for some uninformed coach or journalist to kick him out of the NBA simply by wishing it so.

      Lin already is a superb NBA guard and will continue to be for years to come.

      Delete
    7. Unknown wrote: "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "
      .....................

      Maybe they seem "vicious" to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

      Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

      In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no *vicious* comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

      I doubt that this website allows "vicious" comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from trolls and against Lin)

      Delete
    8. Unknown wrote: "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "
      .....................

      Maybe they seem "vicious" to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

      Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

      In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no *vicious* comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

      I doubt that this website allows "vicious" comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from trolls and against Lin).

      Besides, you are basically a troll here, trying to police what Lin's fans say in a website that is specifically dedicated to Jeremy Lin.

      I don't go to sites that are dedicated to other players and argue comments that I don't like. And - unlike this site, I'm sure there are a lot of racist comments to go along with explicit foul language, lies, unsubstantiated innuendos, and false observations from many people (not all) who lack analytical, intuitive, and discernment skills.

      Delete
    9. And I myself am WRONG about calling Lin the 1st Asian American to play jn the NBA.

      sorry.

      Delete
    10. Unknown wrote: "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "
      .....................

      Maybe they seem "vicious" to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

      Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

      In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no *vicious* comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

      I doubt that this website allows "vicious" comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from trolls and against Lin).

      Besides, you are basically a troll here, trying to police what Lin's fans say in a website that is specifically dedicated to Jeremy Lin.

      I don't go to sites that are dedicated to other players and argue comments that I don't like. And - unlike this site, I'm sure there are a lot of racist comments to go along with explicit foul language, lies, unsubstantiated innuendos, and false observations from many people (not all) who lack analytical, intuitive, and discernment skills.

      Delete
    11. Unknown wrote: "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "
      .....................

      Maybe they seem "vicious" to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

      Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

      In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no *vicious* comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

      I doubt that this website allows "vicious" comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from trolls and against Lin).

      Besides, you are basically a troll here, trying to police what Lin's fans say in a website that is specifically dedicated to Jeremy Lin.

      I don't go to sites that are dedicated to other players and argue comments that I don't like. And - unlike this site, I'm sure there are a lot of racist comments to go along with explicit foul language, lies, unsubstantiated innuendos, and false observations from many people (not all) who lack analytical, intuitive, and discernment skills

      Delete
    12. Unknown wrote: "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "
      .....................

      Maybe they seem "vicious" to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

      Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

      In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no *vicious* comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

      I doubt that this website allows "vicious" comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from non-regulars and against Lin).

      Besides, you are trying to police what Lin's fans say in a website that is specifically dedicated to Jeremy Lin.

      I don't go to sites that are dedicated to other players and argue comments that I don't like. And - unlike this site, I'm sure there are a lot of racist comments to go along with foul language, lies, unsubstantiated innuendos, and false observations from many people (not all) who lack analytical, intuitive, and discernment skills.

      Delete
  13. I can't see the Knicks win without Jeremy. Magic is not a bad team. I hope I am wrong though. The Knicks really need every game to even make the playoffs. The Bucks schedule is way easier than the Knicks' one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I am glad I was wrong. I hope Jeremy can come back soon and the Knicks can keep it up.

      Delete
  14. I was a Knick fan before Linsanity. My older brother was following Lin for a while so I was aware of him before he arrived in New York. I agree with your assessment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I began following this site, at first I just saw the "Lin versus Anthony" stuff (which really, truly is nonsense by the way) I was like "OK, this stuff will blow over when the Lin fans start seeing how Anthony's scoring helps the team win and opens up opportunities for Lin to score and get assists" but then I read some of the other comments and was like "WHOA"!

      The thing that really gets me is the attacks on Woodson, which are COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED to the point where I wonder if Woodson is simply being pre-judged by Lin fans. I live in Atlanta, and remember Woodson's mostly successful tenure with the Hawks (he was fired, but largely scapegoated for the failures of management and some high-salary players, and had one chronic malcontent that specifically tried to undermine him, and now is unhappy again). One thing: Woodson does not lie or mislead. If he didn't like Lin, he would say so. Another: Woodson does what HE wants. If he didn't want to play Lin, Lin wouldn't be playing, period. Third: Woodson is tough on ALL his young players. Woodson isn't going to gush on how great some 2nd year player is. That player has to earn Woodson's respect over time. If you are a young player and make a mistake, Woodson benches you. If you are a veteran who does the same, Woodson gives you a lot more leeway. If you are a veteran who causes trouble, Woodson will get in your face publicly and behind closed doors. If you are a young player who causes trouble, you go to the end of the bench and stay there until your attitude changes. He also makes no pretense of treating guys fairly or equally. The guys that have a PROVEN ability to go out and win games get the most opportunities, and everybody else is going to be a role player. And you also have to produce on DEFENSE in order to earn your minutes and chances on offense. It's not perfect, because some say that Woodson's approach ruined the confidence of several of his younger players, including some guys that have played pretty well for the new coach after he left. But in fairness, championship coaches like Lenny Wilkens, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson coached the same way.

      Right now Anthony and Stoudemire are the proven players, so Woodson is going to feature them because it is the approach most likely to win games. Woodson favors his proven players no matter what position they play and adapts his system to fit the best players. This is in contrast with D'Antoni, a former point guard with a chip on his shoulder who stuck with his guard-based system no matter what, and if things weren't working out, the solution was to just get better guards. D'Antoni was featuring Lin not because he believed in Lin's ability (remember: he kept Lin on the bench and only played him out of desperation) but because he ALWAYS favors the point guard no matter WHO the point guard is. Make no mistake: D'Antoni would have done everything in his power to acquire a veteran all-star point guard had he remained coach. Meanwhile, if Lin does everything that Woodson asks and is good at it, Woodson will be Lin's biggest advocate. That's why the Lin fans on here who keep praising D'Antoni and wrongly pre-judging Woodson are so off-base.

      Delete
    2. Woodson is not some sort of coaching genius.

      If he had his way, Jeremy Lin wouldn't even be in the NBA and you wouldn't even have this board to come on and flame us with.

      DAntoni has lots of faults, but he is the only coach that gave Jeremy Lin a chance and appreciated him. For that, we Lin fans are grateful. We have also criticized Dantoni for neglecting Lin earlier in the season and for mismanaging some of the game plans, though on the whole we like Dantoni more than we dislike him. Nor are we all out on Woodson, though we Lin fans feel that he doesn't truly believe Lin is good enough to play in the NBA on Woodson's team.

      We prejudge Woodson negatively because he says insane things about Lin in the press like "rookies should sit" (even though Lin is NOT a rookie and already wasted an entire season sitting) and because he sings the glorious praises of declining veterans like Baron Davis who cannot match Lin statistically or in health. Anybody who spoke such garbage here would be LAUGHED OFF by us, and we aren't even professional basketball observers who think that nonperforming players like Acie Law are better than the highly performing Lin.

      I and others here have stated repeatedly that Lin is too good a player to be subservient to malcontent or nonproduding veterans who are ruining the Knicks chances with their lack of production. Basketball is a fluid sport where players like Lin who play properly shine brighter when the pressure is on while players like Anthony who play only when motivated get harshly exposed on the court as nonproducers. At least Woodson is smart enough to understand that coaches who think they're bigger than the game by letting their prejudments about players cloud their vision are usually the coaches that get fired FASTEST.

      Delete
  15. Check out

    http://www.livestream.com/meettheknicks?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To answer your question about "how many of you were Knick fans or NBA fans before Jeremy Lin", unknown, I will step up and say ME.

    I definitely was a Knick AND NBA fan before Jeremy Lin. That's because I was a Knick and NBA fan before Lin was even born in 1988. I was watching the Knicks when Kenny Walker and Sidney Green were the lowest scoring starting forward tandem in the entire NBA and Bill Cartwright and Patrick Ewing were the Knicks answer to Akeem Olajuwon (no H in his name back then) and Ralph Sampson in Houston. I even used to cringe when the ancient looking but hardnosed Pat Cummings would come on the court and play like a poor man's Kurt Rambis (and Rambis was NOT an NBA caliber player despite playing many years for LAL and Cha).

    In my decades of watching the Knicks very closely, I would unequivocally say that Jeremy Lin gives me more hope than any guard that has come to the Knicks during my days of watching the team. I am higher on Lin than I was on Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, John Starks, Rod Strickland, Chauncey Billups, Raymond Felton, Stephon Marbury, Rolando Blackman, or even Mark Jackson who is one of my favorite NBA pgs. That's because to my eyes, Lin has the total package of athleticism, skills, smarts, unselfishness, and toughness.

    I would be singing Lin's praises if he were black, white, or any other color. I have a special interest in overlooked players like Lin who I feel are NBA material but aren't regarded as highly as they should be.

    Lin isn't even my favorite NBA player. Tim Duncan is, even though he murdered my Suns again last night. But Lin is definitely my favorite PG in the league.

    I feel that Lin already is a terrific NBA starting PG who can play against anybody. Once he rounds out his game, Lin will be as good a PG there is in the NBA.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think Jlin fan's are attacking Woodson. I have seen pleanty of comments about the things the man said himself about jlin that makes me scratch my head and wonder what he's been smoking. For me I dont want Woodson coaching the Knicks long term..Jackson would be great. I want to see Jlin's numbers through the rest of the season providing he's not de-railed. I think they will be great which will give Jlin options should NY and if Woodson is back don't want him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't appreciate Woodson's choice of words for Lin, but I DO appreciate his well informed and judicious usage of Lin.

      I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson be Lin's Knick coach as long as he doesn't bench Lin for players that produce less than he does.

      I do not expect NBA coaches to like or get along with their players. I do expect them to get the team to play their best and to maximize the talents of what players they do have. I don't even mind a losing record if the players are going all out and playing their hardest, sort of Oklahoma City in the early days of Durant and Westvrook when they went 3-23 for a long stretch of a season.

      Delete
    2. Hopefully Phil Jackson will coach Knicks!

      Delete
  19. Since people are admitting stuff here, I have to admit to that I am a BBall fan and have watched BBall since the Bird and Magic era but the only reason I found this blog and watch the Knicks is because of JLin. But I can say that I have been a JLin fan since the day I saw his miracle last minute shot on ESPN when he was at Harvard. I looked him up, saw his stats, and was hoping he would make it to the NBA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, feltball, I am.only.on.this blog because of Jeremy Lin.

      I first heard of Lin when I was following Omar Samhan who I felt was the best big man in the 2010 draft. References to fellow Bay Area star Jeremy Lin kept popping up, so I decided to take a look.

      From what I read about Lin, I thought I was going to be seeing an undersized slow fundamentally sound average college PG like ex Duke star Bobby Hurley or ex Heisman winner Charlie Ward (who I never thought was a true NBA talent even though he started 5 years for the Knicks). I figured "Meh, another good but not great college pg who doesn't have NBA talent and is getting hyped just because he's Asian".

      Then I went on youtube and saw highlights of the UConn game. My eyes bugged out of my head and I shrieked "Holy s---, that's an NBA player!!!". Nobody was watching either. I watched a few more clips and I was sold. I felt that Jeremy Lin was like a cross between Jason Kidd and Steve Nash with the future potential of becoming as good as either of them. But I have since revised my opinion because I strongly feel that Lin will be BETTER than either Nash or Kidd.

      I've been proclaiming Jeremy Lin as a potential future All Star since January when I first came on this board. I'd have done it sooner if I had come earlier.

      Delete
    2. I'd respectfully disagree with any comparisons to Jason Kidd. Lin doesn't possess the passing skills nor speed of Kidd when he first came out. He will, no doubt, improve as his career moves along though.

      And yes, I felt he was an NBA player when he left Harvard.

      Delete
    3. Lin tested as one of the fastest pgs in the entire NBA, so a young Jason Kidd would have to be faster than not just Lin but John Wall who Lin was approximately equal to. My eye test tells me that Lin is just as fast if not faster tuan a young Jason Kidd.

      Lin gets assists at clip that makes him one of the top 5 assist men in basketball. I don't know if Kidd assisted at such a rate in his 2nd season. Until I see the stats, I wouldn't necessarily call Lin a worse passer than a young Kidd.

      Delete
    4. I agree with khaung, Iam an avid JLin Fan and a hoppster myslef and call it the way i see it and not because he is asian but becuase he can play and underdstands the game

      Delete
    5. I honestly think your views of Lin are just a bit clouded by Linsanity.

      Im Asian and I've watched every single one of his games. It's not about him being Asian just basketball.

      Delete
    6. We are NOT clouded by Linsanity, especially since we have been pulling for Lin when he was a DNP before the Nets game in February.

      If anything, we are the clear eyed ones. Guys like me have watched decades of NBA basketball and have seen many players come and go. We also can tell who's hype and who's not (i.e. future 2012 #1 overall pick Anthony Davis who has a lot less potential than people give him credit for).

      I watched Jason Kidd in high school, college, and in the NBA when he teamed up with Jimmy Jackson and Jamal Mashburn to make the "3 Js" on a bad pre Cuban Dallas Mavericks team. Though I am a big Jason Kidd fan, I feel that Jeremy Lin is a better and more athletic player on both ends of the court. The only thing that 2nd year Kidd did better than 2nd year Lin is dribble the ball with his left hand.

      Delete
    7. Still disagree. Lin is a special player and love his game but I feel you're putting him way too high. We'll see in a few years. Austin Rivers might be a bit overrated as well. :)

      Delete
    8. sorry KHuang, Kidd is a much better than JLin. Common man there is no comparison. I've seen JLin play live in two college games, and once when we was playing summer ball in the city. JLin is a definately a very good player, but when Kidd was playing at Cal, you can see that Kidd was so much better than everyone else. He was faster, stronger, and saw the floor better than anyone else on the court. JLin's game is more crafty but I think it is a far stretch to say JLin is better than a future hall of famer.

      Delete
    9. I like you both - feltball & khuang, I am on this blog is because of JLin

      Delete
    10. Kidd was definitely a better college player than Lin.

      I had a friend who went to classes with jason Kidd and Lamond Murray. All Kidd did all day was train for the NBA. Lin did not do that.

      Kidd entered the NBA as a 2nd overall pick. He was given star treatment by his Mavs team from day one. Lin was kicked off his teams and plays for coaches that don't believe in him.

      One thing's for sure. Kidd never had a stretch of greatness like Lin did in his first few starts.

      It's too bad we can't match the young Jason Kidd against a young Jeremy Lin.

      Delete
    11. Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.

      AST%

      1. Chris Paul (2006-06) 38.2%
      2. Jeremy Lin (2011-12) 36.7%
      3. Jason Kidd (1995-95) 33.2%
      4. Derrick Rose (2009-09) 28.8%

      http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=linje01&y1=2012&p2=kiddja01&y2=1995&p3=rosede01&y3=2009&p4=paulch01&y4=2006

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. Thanks for the numbers but it's only part of the story. Kidd, Nash can dominate games without taking a single shot. They all can make their teammates better but I simply don't think Lin is at the level of Nash and Kidd in terms of court vision and creativity. There are certainly some things that Lin is better at. Overall, I still believe Lin will not be as good as Kidd.

      Good night.

      Delete
    14. Forgot to include Mr. Nash. I ALSO strongly feel that Lin will be BETTER than either Nash or Kidd. You know what they say about numbers right?

      AST%

      1. Chris Paul (2006-06) 38.2%
      2. Jeremy Lin (2011-12) 36.7%
      3. Jason Kidd (1995-95) 33.2%
      4. Steve Nash (1997-97) 29.5%
      5. Derrick Rose (2009-09) 28.8%


      http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=linje01&y1=2012&p2=kiddja01&y2=1995&p3=rosede01&y3=2009&p4=paulch01&y4=2006&p5=nashst01&y5=1997

      Delete
    15. Austin Rivers is fundamentally sound and has the physicality to be a good backup NBA pg in the right system.

      However, Rivers lacks the quickness and explosiveness necessary to become a star in the NBA. Nor do I see the elite body control that guys like Ricky Rubio or Steve Nash have that make up for lack of explosiveness.

      Austin Rivers is just a freshman, and his body will fill out. However, he will NEVER be the overwhelming physical specimen that Jeremy Lin and his counterpart John Wall have. That doesn't mean that Rivers won't eventually become an OK backup pg who may start for a few teams. But it also means that Rivers won't be like Lin or Wall who both cannot be stopped without doubleteams and also wreak havoc defensively.

      Delete
    16. my point...Rivers, a bit overrated.

      Lin underappreciated, yes. Very good NBA player, yes. Nash and Kidd-like, very possible. Better than either, you're out of your mind.

      Delete
    17. No, you're the one out of your mind.

      Lin as a 2nd year pro is better than both of them in their 2nd years.

      Disregard the numbers at your own peril.

      Delete
    18. And LeBron's 2nd year was better than hmmm....Larry Bird's!

      Delete
    19. Dude, you are KILLING YOURSELF.

      Larry Bird won a championship in his second season, unlike Lebron. Nothing against Lebron, but he has yet to win titles the way Bird has.

      You've shot yourself down enough times already. Quit before you find yourself even more behind.

      Delete
    20. I'm just trying to make an unbiased observation. Is it so offensive to you to say Jordan was better than (enter name here) as Kidd/Nash is better overall than Lin?

      I'm just going to read comments from now on. You're making him out to be GOAT. Jeez, so sensitive about Lin.

      Delete
    21. One last thing. I'm still a Lin fan and I hope he proves me wrong in the coming years.

      Delete
    22. Yes, it's totally offensive because you are using Lin to FLAME us.

      I'll hit you right back with the stats. Even though you've repeatedly humiliated yourself with your stupidity, I and everybody else are happy to humiliate you more.

      Also, stop LYING about being Asian just like you lie about everything else. Come on out so that we can kick your racist tail for everyone to see.

      Delete
  20. Just Looking at some of Lin's photos on Yahoo Sports. Looks like maybe he hurt his knee earlier than reported.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4795/photos;_ylt=AhUbnMjWiUFnKDtu93APGkakvLYF#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Anba%2Cphoto%2Ca9d064a69f5f86c702108c63ae47275e-getty-141457759%3A1

    Caption: NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 16: Jeremy Lin #17 of the New York Knicks is in pain after falling to the ground when he was fouled by Darren Collison #2 of the Indiana Pacers during their game at Madison Square Garden on March 16, 2012 in New York City.

    This was the first Indiana game. Maybe he thought he can play through it, but it never got better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How serious is Lin's knee injury?

    Has this been a problem that has gotten worse, or is it a new thing?

    Some New York fans are predictably complaining that Lin is not tough and should be playing with this injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin has taken superstar pounding without getting superstar calls.

      Personally, I would like to see Lin or any other aching player sit out. I don't want Lin to get really injured the way Ricky Rubio did.

      Delete
    2. I think he WAS trying to play through it for his past 2 games (raptors and pacers part 2) which was why he didn't seem to be playing as well in those games. remember, he scored 18 points in the game against the pacers mostly only in the 4th quarter and through foul shots. I think it probably became more obvious that it was affecting his game and it's better to sit out if you're not going to play well then to go in and be a disservice to the team.

      Delete
  22. Just read that Lin had lunch with Anthony Federico who was fired from ESPN for his unfortunate headline. An amazing healing gesture from Jeremy. That's the can of spirit we need to spread around more. 3 cheers to Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!Hi unknown, are you the same Unknown that has been commenting above? Just to let you know, I was one of those who prejudged Woodson based on what he said about "rookies sitting and learning". I still think he should have better PR because it demoralises the team when you say things publicly like that...but I AM ashamed for not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Especially since you know you can never completely trust the media and never know what's really going on behind the scenes. But I think everyone has their opinion and it's easy for people to get agitated sometimes on forums so we should just forgive and forget. Let's just cut EVERYBODY, not just JLin but Melo and other players and people on this forum some slack. It's just a matter of differing opinions. Personally, I think the people who comment the most are the ones who have extensive NBA knowledge. Those who are recent bball observers usually admit they don't know much or will try not to say too much since they're not experts. This forum is not as bad as many I've seen. Most of the fans here TRY to be respectful.

      Delete
  23. For what it's worth, some Knicks fans are now speculating that Lin's knee injury is worse than reported and that he may be longer than day-to-day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But are they doctors ? Then how would they know what Lin's condition is ?

      Lin has been participating in team shoot-arounds, and appears to be OK walking and running without a limp.

      I think he's healthy enough to be in uniform, but to only play in the game when it's absolutely needed for a win.

      Delete
  24. Jeremy Lin hurt his left knee last year (patellar tendon tear) which required weeks of rehab. Sounds like he has the same thing now but perhaps not as serious at this point. You Knick fans better hope he plays in the next game after tonight (Friday?) because if he doesn't then.. uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW. I'm a Lin fan. Just don't want him on the Knicks. Wish the Lakers had him. I like Sessions, but I have a feeling Lin will be a very special player.

      Delete
    2. I think the Lakers would be a GREAT FIT for Lin. If I were him, I'd even take less money; plus it would help his new team with salary cap, in getting more good players to surround him.

      Delete
  25. My feeling is that Jeremy is sitting out until the Knicks lose. If they beat Orlando, he'll sit out against Atlanta, too. If they lose, then he'll probably come back for Friday and/or Saturday.

    The Knicks have a little cushion between them and the Bucks, so they can afford to be a little cautious. It might cost them a chance at the 4th seed, but it's better to be an 8th seed with a healthy Lin, Stoudemire and Jeffries than a banged-up 4th seed.

    For the record, the Knicks match up well against the Bulls (both losses have been very close and could have been won with a better defensive effort from Melo/Amare).

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm from NYC and Stuyvesant High School is the best high school in the city. Its also 72% asian. LOL. Didn't go to the school but i hope JLin attends

    ReplyDelete
  27. Does Lin have to respond to every requested youtube video?? What if he doesn't have the time?? Just the other day I saw one youtube video where some girl wanted him to go to prom with him??

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow ! The short handed Knicks are Blowing out the Orlando Magic without JLin and Amare in the lineup .... up by 30 points in the 3rd quarter.

    Could this be a sign that the team is somehow better without Jeremy and Amare in the game ?

    Does this confirm the critics' argument that Baron Davis should start over Jeremy Lin ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never! The Knicks can only be better WITH Jeremy. I am glad that the Knicks because it means a higher chance of Jeremy playing in the playoffs.

      Delete
    2. i'm going to assume you didn't watch the game, as the knicks were hitting every shot imaginable, while the magic looked dead with no energy except for howard and reddick.

      Delete
    3. Carmelo, Shumpert, and JR were able to hit their jumpers tonight, and it was not because JLin was out of the lineup. Baron also stepped up from his below-average shooting this season. Even if Davis continues to have games like this, JLin will remain the starting PG when he is healthy.

      The Knicks only had 2 fastbreaks the entire game, but by playing conservatively probably helped cut down on turnovers tonight.

      Delete
    4. No. The Knicks need both Jeremy and Baron to be fit. If Jeremy starts from the bench with the original Linsanity team, basically the Knicks have two A teams. They will be a very formidable team.
      They might even take turns to start depending on the opponents.

      Delete
    5. Yes, but Lin's absence forced Carmelo to hit his shots. It forced Shumpert and J.R. Smith to hit outside jumpers, btw, starting Shumpert instead of Landry is also a good idea.

      Idk, Maybe the team had become too dependent on Lin to create offense. Stat was scoring points but he was also clogging the paint, and slowing down the ball movement.

      Or maybe they just play better on both ends with a smaller lineup.

      Delete
  29. It's the best jump-shooting team in the league having a terrible shooting day. And one of the worst jump-shooting teams in the league having an amazing shooting day.

    I mean, the Nets are routing the Pacers right now.

    I do think this means Jeremy sits out against Atlanta, too. As long as the Knicks win, he can wait till he's 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Welcome to the site. You've got alot of good points. However, you cannot say that the fans on here are off-base because woodson hasn't fully implemented his own system yet. He is still using a large part of dantonni's system. We won't know and it cannot be proven until probably next year. It would be a travesty if it is proven correct. We hope that it wouldnt happen, that is why fans on here are voicing their opinions of it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wished JLin would put on a suit instead of a sweatsuit when he sat on the bench tonight. He needs to sharpen up his looks to secure more marketing deals.

    At last week's Volvo announcement he dressed as if he still just a college student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. But I love that! He looks like and is really a next-door boy. I hope that he never change! He is a breath of fresh air to those many primma donna superstars in this league.

      Delete
    2. i prefer lin to stay in current image. In NBA, you got tons of suit star but Lin image is unique and fresh. I really wish he can keep his current down to earth and fresh image (that is what made him special) instead of become that type of suited guy.

      Delete
    3. I love Lin current look, he is unique! Hopefully, no tattoo, clean, fresh likes now! I like his smile!

      Delete
  32. "... a lot of the vicious comments on here against other players ... "

    Maybe they seem vicious to you because they are true and truth can hurt.

    Those comments that you don't like (as a fan of other players) are hard to avoid when discussing about Jeremy Lin at this point in time.

    In fact, I observed (I'm fairly new here) that there are no vicious comments here against other players or coaches - which is why I like it here. However, what I did notice is that posters here are quite refined and disciplined, perhaps reflecting this website (very rare for a sports fan site, don't you think?). As basketball and Jeremy Lin fans, people here comment with intelligence, based on facts, articles, and interviews; and with keen perception, they comment about things read between the lines and implied statements directly from the people they are talking about.

    I doubt that this website allows vicious comments to stand, because I personally have not seen it. (IF there are such posts, I'm sure that they would only be from non-regulars and against Lin).

    Besides, you are trying to police what Lin's fans say on a website that is specifically dedicated to Jeremy Lin.

    I don't go to sites that are dedicated to other players and argue comments that I don't like. And - unlike this site, I'm sure there are a ton of untruths unsubstantiated innuendos, and false observations from many people. At least here people are basing their comments and opinions on known facts

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.