Seven JLin takes:
1. The NBA needs to fine Jason Kidd for the flagrant 2 foul on Jeremy. He almost decapitated him and then pulled his head back. The only reason there was no anger shown from the Knicks players was because it was Jason. Before JLin, JKidd was my favorite player, but come on, that was just wrong.
2. One major problem for Jeremy has been the injury to Tyson Chandler's hand. He hurt it a few weeks ago in the victory at home against Dallas. He has had to wear a big pad and has fumbled away a bunch of JLin assists as well as contributing to Jeremy's turnover total. It looks like it'll be a problem all year and Tyson will just have to play through the pain.
3. I'm liking that the Lin-sanity has died down a bit. It takes some of the spotlight off of JLin and gives him extra time and space. I feel Jeremy has actually played pretty well since the Miami game. He will be battle tested come playoff time as all of the top teams and point guards are coming at him with playoff intensity. This will only spur his growth and development.
4. Since the break, here are some stats. Remember, he is doing this while trying to figure things out with Carmelo and Stat and 3 of 4 on the road against recent NBA champions:
almost 3:1 Assist to turnover ratio
5. One thing I'd like to see is a little inside outside game with Carmelo and JLin. Jeremy's 3 point stroke is looking good and he may have to help himself by hitting a bunch of three pointers to spread the floor. Carmelo has actually passed well out of double teams to Jeremy.
6. Coach Doc's Pinewood Girls team won in the 1st round of the Norcal Div V playoffs 61-37 with 15 threes. It looks like they could be on a collision course with CCS rival Eastside Prep, a team stacked with college talent.
7. In part three of our interview with Coach Doc, we ask him what player from the past or present would he say Jeremy compares to. Who do you think it is? We'll post the answer and rest of the interview on Saturday.